Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My first follower! And other stuff.

Hi,

I have my first follower. This is kind of cool. I never think anybody cares about what I have to say. Anyway, now I actually do feel somewhat responsible not to just disappear. So, welcome to my blog.

In other news yesterday I ran the one mile I was supposed to based on my 8K training schedule. It was fine. I even ran it in around 11 min. To think this used to be my marathon pace just 8 months ago... Anyway, forward we go.

After my two "bad food" days I decided that perhaps part of my problem is that I have trouble handling success. When I am successful at something I also downplay it. And with weight loss it seems to be worse than in other areas. When I have lost weight before (I was actually right around 200 before I started running 2 years ago) I hated when people made comments about it. So I am going to practice being successful. I am going to do what lots of people tell you to - set up small goals and celebrate my achievements. So my first goal will be to get under 180. I am even going to make a ticker for it. I am currently around 185 so it shouldn't take very long. And when I get there I will do something to really celebrate this achievement and see how that feels. 

No comments: